Wednesday, July 14, 2010

So, I'd just gotten to sleep and was drooling nicely, when a shrill sound startled me awake. It was the sweet sound of the agency calling me back to get my tickets settled. That was about 12 hours ago, and within one hour, we had our tickets. We had 2 options, one with really long layovers leaving 2 days earlier, and one the same day and only 2 hours later arrival. I chose the 2 days later because I haven't even brought Hannah to the apartment yet. I knew we'd have a day like yesterday and I didn't want her to suffer through it. This will give us time together without Lika or anyone else helping us out. I'm sure we'll be fine, I just didn't want to shock her too much. Then I lay in bed wondering if I'd done the right thing or not. I was already set to stay a few extra days, and I still need to meet Lika's grandmother, walk on Freedom Bridge, and find an old Georgian book. Plus there's all that lobiani I need to eat before I leave. NO Georgian food yesterday, so I'll have to make up for it big time!
Oh, yes. Details. We arrive 8:51 pm Monday the 19th from Memphis. Looking forward to seeing familiar faces and hearing my hick sounding OK friends! Just teasing.

No comments: