Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Need your help

We have a hang up with our I-600a which is preapproval for bringing an orphan into the States. Off and on we thought things were taken care of, things were moving along. This has been a nearly 6 month standstill. I received an email today that requests we sign this petition to help USCIS and other agencies that need to "grandfather" our I-600a and let us get our children. I thought things were ok, but evidently, this is not the case. We also have to call Congress members Oct. 14-16 and send in an email to say PLEASE help us! It would be a huge increase in our costs, needing to redo our homestudy, plus a delay of months for background checks AGAIN if we had to change to the I-800a.
Would you please take time to sign this petition and get our next step coming closer for bringing Hannah home?
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/adoption-for-all.html
Thank you so much!

2 comments:

liesel said...

How frustrating, Delahne. Yes, I signed it.

jennifer... said...

I'm so sorry this is happening.  I had not yet heard of this new law and the hold-ups associated with it but I am frustrated for you.  I hope this won't mean a more complicated process for those just starting(?).  We signed the petition gladly.