Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Samuel!

(Insert music from Fiddler on the Roof)
Amazing how 9 years has flown by. I remember this
and this
and this (with my Gpa Sams)
and this.
But now, we have this!


Yes, it's still fairly dark outside, but I'd fixed our traditional hot cereal and put a candle in it. He really wanted granola, but candles don't hold up so well in that!

They had a great morning of school and then got a phone call that Gpa was going to take us out to lunch to celebrate! We finished up most of it, then went to Panera for chicken noodle soup, by Samuel's request. Shortly after we got back, our homeschooling buddies can over so we could light the candle for the 3rd time and sing again for our sweet boy.


We found out that Buddy was working late, so I brought out his last gift after a dinner of chicken noodle soup. (really- no chicken, noodle soup, but you get the idea.) This was a staged expression, but so like him when it comes to Legos!


In slightly more time than I pushed to deliver him(seriously, it was 12 minutes more), all 692 pieces were in place. He did have some help from the girls, but 1 hour and 32 minutes later, it was complete! They have great plans to play 1st thing in the am. I tried to convince them it's a great thing to sleep in, but I'm not sure they want to.



Then it was time for bed, but right at the time he was born, I told him the abbreviated version of his birth. It was so sweet to have him sitting on my lap while I share with him what a blessing he is to us and how thankful we are to have him in our lives. I'm looking forward to watching him grow into all God has for him.

No comments: