Saturday, September 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Caleb!

I'll save the drama of the events of the day a year ago except to say that my husband was a wonderful support, holding my hand, praying and helping me breath. My mom was there, praying and taking some not so discreet pictures! My dad was videoing the whole thing (we weren't able to with the 1st 2 births.) It was all very wonderful once I saw my sweet baby and could hold him in my arms. Immediately I knew I'd do it all over again without the slightest hesitation.
Today was a very fun day for us as we prepared for his birthday party. We didn't wait for the party to give him his presents and we had our traditional candle-in-the-oatmeal breakfast singing. Mom, dad, Mark and his 3 kids came over for the festivities. As Catherine said after they were gone- they weren't here very long. It was almost 4 hours, but it's never long enough when you're with the greatest cousins ever! Caleb thoroughly enjoyed all the activity and presents. He was all over the box one of his presents came in and just laughed and squealed! The cake was so funny. Buddy said it was like digging through dirt the way he scooped the very dark chocolate cake. By the time he was done, he'd flipped the plate onto the floor, filled the seat of the high chair. and had a tray full of chocolate! Of course, a lot made it into his mouth, too.
We all had a very good time and were happy to celebrate.
I put him to bed and went to clean up the kitchen. I heard him crying so I went back to his room to hold him for a bit. As he snuggled right in and went to sleep, I thought again what a blessing he is and how thankful I am that the Lord added him to our family.

1 comment:

kirsten said...

So good to hear from you! Thanks for commenting on my blog. You too have a beautiful family, and congratulations on your up coming arrival....so exciting. And, happy birthday to Caleb, he's a cutie:)