Thursday, April 17, 2008

Progress report

I should have posted yesterday because it was an exciting day, but I was on another to-do list, so I didn't.
Yesterday our dossier was sent to ROG!!! We have a rough time frame for the next time we hear something, but nothing for sure. We also got our letter from USCIS to give us our appt time and location.
We went around the neighborhood to pass out more garage sale fliers and met some nice people who are going to help us out. One very sad stop was a family who was unable to help because they were doing their own sale for grocery and gas money. We're so thankful to have a more joyous reason to be doing ours. Makes you thankful for what you have.
Last night I got all the jars ready to take to the 2nd grade and K-5 classes for our change collection project. It has a picture of Hannah and says "Thanks for helping to make a "change" in a child's life" I thought it was pretty clever (pat, pat and thank you Lord for the idea.) The teachers all were excited and happy to help us out. When I think about how it'll teach the kids here to make a difference and what it'll mean to the children in ROG, it's very exciting.
I also got about 1/2 the garage sale signs done. It's raining today, so I'll have to wait until Friday to put them out. I'll pick up some tables today and bake some cookies. Yes, that was on yesterday's list, but moved to today.
Our garage is filling up even more! We had a delivery last night and a very large item offer last night that I have to figure out how to get home. Very cool how it's coming together. We've been praying for good weather and it looks like it'll be perfect.
OK, it's time to get busy so I don't have to move tasks to tomorrow's list!

4 comments:

liesel said...

Ha ha "change"...very funny Delahne. Well I wish I had some junk for your garage sale but I frequent the Good Will drive through. I am going to make some cupcakes for your bake sale though, let me know when we can come by with them.

junglemama said...

This is great progress!

junglemama said...

WHat country are you adopting from?

Delahne said...

Republic of Georgia