Tuesday, April 1, 2008

HS officially done


Yesterday, the home study was received and accepted by Hopscotch! A few minor changes and it's off to USCIS. I started the process of applying for grants. We are going to do the garage sale, too, but know that there are many sources and plan to explore as many as we can.

I've been reading several blogs (surprize, surprize) and it seems like there are a lot of people getting ready to travel soon. It makes me excited to realize how many children will be home, finally.

The Spahr's are just finishing their adoption up and took the time to visit Hannah and give her our gifts- "hair things," as Catherine calls them, a little doll and a photo album. We realy appreciate them doing that. Plus they took pics and sent them to us. Wow! It makes it more real knowing someone else has seen her, too. I treasure all these pictures! This is her report.


"We were able to go and see Hannah and she is absolutely adorable. You will fall in love instantly (if you haven't already). She has a beautiful smile and is instantly engaging. My husband said if you guys change your mind, we'll take her. :-)" No chance of that!


We really are trying to get our education done, so we rented a movie about Georgia. I'm looking forward to watching it. Question is, will I stay up late enough to watch once Buddy gets home?


I made a mistake with the SOS office and have to actually go there. Fortunately, I will have the home study IN MY HANDS tomorrow. That thing is GOLD and I'll be glad to hand deliver it to the kind lady with the machine that makes us one step closer to Hannah!


Ok, a few cute kid things.


Caleb has now tried green beans, sweet peas, avacado, and sweet potato. Let's just say the kid has an appetite! He's making all these high pitched squeals that are so cute! Everytime I get out the video camera, he stops! He's doing great overall, sleeping well and happy when he's awake. Such a cutey!


Catherine likes to tell stories and pretend she's teaching. Well, Friday when I was talking on the phone with my mom about how much Caleb is eating, I used the word "calories." Wouldn't you know it, the story in the background started incorporating the word "calories." "Then they took the calories up to the moon and the calories...." Funny. We got the new swing set together on Sunday, but Samuel decided he liked the old slide better than the new one. Buddy suggested we put BOTH slides on the new set. Catherine came inside where I was fixing dinner, hysterically crying. I asked what was wrong and she told me she didn't want the old slide on the new set because it wouldn't match!


It's been rainy out and yesterday it was sunshiney, but the ground was still wet. Buddy took the kids down the road to a playground they like. Wouldn't you know it, Samuel picks the swings the have the biggest mud puddle under them and decided to show dad how he jumps off- right into a puddle! Then he went on to get another swing, pull it away from the puddle to get on, but still managed to fall or trip into THAT puddle. Then he took his remote controlled truck through a puddle. "But it was ok mom, because I held it up in the van and made the wheels spin around so there wasn't any mud on them anymore!"

4 comments:

liesel said...

Wow, Delahne, she is amazing. I bet you can't wait to get your hands on that pretty brown hair and put the "hair things" in yourself. So sweet!

Holladay Family said...

Hi! My name is Lisa and I found your blog through the Reece's Rainbow website. I am so happy for your family! We had inquired about adopting Natia just after your family, but I can definitely see she is meant to be a part of your family! The reason we were interested in adopting her is because our son has the same exact condition and we didn't want to see such a beautiful child left in an orphanage when they have such amazing potential. I don't know if you have any questions about arthrogryposis but I can tell you first hand that children with this condition are amazing human beings. At Shriner's Hospital they treat many children with this particular condition and everyone talks about how they almost always have higher IQ's than normal and they have extremely personable personalities. We went out to dinner tonight with our little Spencer and everyone commented on how he is the cutest thing ever! Spencer is everyone's favorite person. They love our other children too, of course, but Spencer can truly light up a room. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how thrilled I am for you since she will bring you so much joy and happiness. If you have any questions about her condition and treatments for it please feel free to email me. Many Blessings to you and your family!

holladayfam (at) gmail (dot) com

:)

Kristi said...

Oh, she looks so precious. I love the stories about your kids. Caleb is growing so fast. Can't wait to see you this summer sometime.

junglemama said...

Yeah! One more thing to mark off your list.

BTW, your family is beautiful and so is the little girl that will soon be your daughter.