Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ooh so close!

We were sooo close to finishing our dossier today! Our SW was supposed to get the homestudy notarized yesterday, but wasn't able to. We planned to meet today, but it sounded like it would be afternoon, with no hope of making a trip today. However, she called much earlier than I thought! I figured I could almost drive to OKC and back and make it in time to pick up the kids. I discovered as I was gathering everything that we needed "Certs. of True copy" for the letters of reference! Which means I'll have to go meet Buddy to get those notarized, send them off to the SOS and wait from them to get to it and send it off to Hopscotch. So, we'll be another week on that. However, Caleb and I did have a nice trip, got everything else apostilled, and Amanda was kind enough to watch the kids till I got home. I gave into the easy route and ordered pizza for dinner- no complaints from anyone! My kind of dinner.

We know we'll be in the right place at the right time. That just gives me more time to apply for grants!

The next OKC trip I make, I'm hoping will be with Buddy for our fingerprinting appt! I was thinking back on how mom and dad watched the kids for us before we had the next one, so we could have a night away before life changed dramatically. We really appreciated them! As I was contemplating the next change I realized we'll have several nights away! We watched "Since Otar Left" tonight, which is about a family from Georgia. I'm not so into foreign films, but it was nice to get a glimpse of the culture and life in that country. Hard times are not strangers to so many places outside the US. One thing a trip does is makes you appreciate what you have and also reconsider the life you live. What's really important? Don't get me wrong- I appreciate what the Lord has blessed us with, have no problem with people having nice things, and know He'll continue to increase us because His Word says He will. It's just a good experience.

Off to bed before a wonderful stay at home day tomorrow. I think I hear a nap calling already!

No comments: