Tuesday, March 4, 2008

More progress

The days have gone by quickly with some good developements. Last Thursday, I was able to mail off our I600-a application. I'm ready to get fingerprinted! I was planning on a trip to OKC to get some documents apostilled for our dossier and was going to get pictures taken. My friend Amanda gave us the sweetest toddler sleigh bed for Hannah. I got it home, scrounged around in the attic for the bedding we used for Catherine, Buddy brought the bed in when he got home, we got the bedding on ang the kids piled on the stuffed animals! They were so excited to get Hannah's bed ready! We took a bunch of pictures and then found out Friday we just need a picture of the room she'll be in.

Friday, Caleb and I had some road trip fun together. When we got to the SOS's office, I had a money order for a certain amount to get some of the documents taken care of. I found out first, I had the copy of the certificate of true copy, not the original, I had a cert. of true with both Buddy and my signatures on them for my passport- I only needed mine, and the fee per document was only $10 instead of $25! Every document I had correctly done was apostilled instead of having to bring some home and send in when more $ came in, plus we have $ left over from the money order to get several more documents done! That's the Lord for you!

Saturday, one of our friends came over and did a repair for us and is going to be able to get some of the putsy things Buddy doesn't have time to do in our remodeling efforts. I'm so thankful we will have help and things are being taken off Buddy's honey-do list.

Remember my tax appointment snaffoo? I went yesterday for my rescheduled appt. and found out I need to go back on Sunday because our CPA will be home and he can go over everything for us to make sure we've got it right! Isn't that like God, too? I messed up and He's merciful anyway.

We're making progress on our education. We're changing our thinking about the sleeping situation after Hannah's home- she may need to be in our room for a while and then after she's comfortable, move the girls in together. We'd leave Catherine with Samuel until then so she's not by herself. Caleb won't know any different! Any suggestions on that from those who have gone before us?

Speaking of Caleb, he was happily playing on his back yesterday, then started crying. I left him for a few minutes, finishing up what I was doing (he wasn't in distress, I promise!) and found him on his tummy! No one fessed up to moving him, so we now have a more mobile child on our hands. He's back to scooting around in his crib when he cries- I've found him totally turned around after a very short time. Time to keep those legos picked up!

I finally checked out the Operation Ukraine website. Evidently, Kelly is indirectly involved in us finding Hannah. The Lord has given me an idea to be able to use my business to be a blessing to the Ukranian orphans. I'm still trying to figure it out, but I think it'll be a really good thing. Funny that it's not for the orphans from Hannah's country. Maybe that will come later.

Charissa sent me an emai from a sweet lady telling the RR group about a sweet girl who needed a home. It was great to know we're that family! In the email, I found out more info about Hannah, which is cool. Anything we can learn will help her put the pieces of her past together when she's ready.

No comments: