Wednesday, February 27, 2008

WooHoo!s and Bummer!s

WooHoo! Robin emailed and the ROG side is asking for power of attorney papers. We got it notarized on Tuesday, but not apostilled, so I can drive to OKC and get several things apostilled at the same time in about 20 minutes. Robin wasn't expecting it so soon, either. We've been saying "sooner than we thought, better than we thought, bigger than we thought," thinking it was to do with our "move"! God is so great!

Bummer! I have been working furiously between adoption papers, adoption education, taxes and taking care of the house, trying to get everything ready quickly. I knew taxes were going to be taken care of tomorrow and we could use some of the refund for Hannah. I was finishing up things this morning and got a phone call- your appointment was at 9 and we missed you! AAAHHH! Only a delay of a few days, but I was going to get things signed by the CPA and get those apostilled, too. He'll be out of town after that for 2 weeks, so his wife will have to prepare them, which will be fine. He's been doing our taxes for the past 8 years, and considering we're both self employed and he's done such a great job for us, I'm kicking myself for messing up and not being able to see him personally! Bad thing is he's only seeing the first appointment of the day and since I messed up, someone else missed out, too. This is a good reminder to again, trust the Lord to be our source and not look at circumstances. He's faithful!

Woohoo! Caleb is eating cereal and doing well. I haven't figured out if the crying is "hurry up mom!" or "this is too thick" or "I'm done with this stuff" or "find a better time for this." So, we'll keep working on it. I was watching the video on Charissa's blog of Ava sitting up, using her hands. Light bulb! So, I tried that with Caleb. We've been using the boppy, but not much by himself. I put him in front of a toy that sings and he was mesmerized. He stayed up for almost a minute! He also rolled over 3 times yesterday!

Bummer! Grandma's funeral was yesterday. I'm feeling sad to have missed it. I think the biggest thing is the big family get together, the stories and celebrating her life. There's some guilt, but I'm working on a little one's future and that has to be my priority right now.

WooHoo! Buddy and I put away the computer and actually talked last night! Funny how many days can go by with the to-do list reigning supreme instead of the want-to and that communication was on the second!

WooHoo! I found out about sponsorship on Reece's Rainbow! Thanks Charissa and Andrea! Now others can be a part of bringing Hannah to the "Wright" home AND get a tax deduction. Be watching for that link soon.

Fun tid bits: Catherine wasn't feeling well Monday, so I brought her home early. Our babysitter brought Samuel home for me so I could leave Caleb and Catherine in bed. He came in, hung up his coat, put away lunch stuff, sat down and got his homework done in about 20 minutes, max! Yesterday, Catherine and Caleb were awake, I came in myroom to feed Caleb away from the noise. It took Samuel over an HOUR to do his homework! What does that tell us? Buddy suggested I have do his homework in the morning before school. I'd like to try, but what if...?

Catherine was feeling a little under the weather this am- she'd been up coughing during the night and was weepy this am, so I suggested she stay home. She sat at the table for a minute and then I could hear her spoon on the bowl as she hurried up. She wanted to go do her work! She's working on sight word lists and wanted to read list 6 today. Wow! How do we transfer that to home?

We're leaving Caleb at home when go get Hannah and I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for that time we're apart.

No comments: