Wednesday, February 13, 2008

More good news... This morning one of my dear friends called and asked if we knew when we'll go pick up Hannah (don't I WISH we knew!) and said she may be able to get us buddy passes for our flights. What a huge blessing that would be.
I got the list of things to do for our home study and got started on that. Got my birth certificate request in the mail. Almost got our app to the adoption agency but discovered one missed signature! It was so tempting to forge Buddy's signature, but I resisted. I went to the Dr. for my physical. Funniest physical I've ever had- totally clothed and done in about 5 minutes. The other 5 were chit chatting about our families and adoption. Tomorrow I go for lab work. Glad I got the info from Melinda so I know what lab really needs to be done.
Samuel asked if his class could start counting down days until Hannah comes home as part of their math meeting each day. The kids are ready to start telling people about her. I'm a little hesitant to mention her feet and hands. I'm not really ready to hear the comments, but so far all I've told have been excited for us and will be praying and encouraging us along the way. I'm so thankful for the great friends we have and supportive family. Buddy and I were talking about how mom and dad responded- we couldn't have asked for a better response. It's fun to talk to them- they're outwardly more exuberant than we are. Perhaps they get the dreaming part and I'm feeling the need to make sure I'm not leaving any loose ends undone for Hannah and for the tax appointment in 1o days. Mom said they've both had sleepless nights because we're supposed to have her and she needs to be here quickly!
Last night we were reading about a little girl who so badly needs a home and both Buddy and I were in tears. Buddy prayed for her last night and I thought- when we prayed like that last, we decided we needed to go get Hannah. What does it mean this time?
Off to do taxes.... Hopefully all the papers will be put away nicely before Melinda comes for the home study!

No comments: