Monday, February 23, 2009

It's not too late, but I'm ready for bed! Buddy and Catherine are still out after "The King and I" event at church tonight. I tried so hard to get her to sleep, but she was soooo excited for this date with her daddy. Samuel and I headed for Cub Scouts tonight and got to do a little hammering craft. When we got home, I let him stay up later to read in his bed. He really appreciated that and our time together. Thankfully, I was able to put Caleb to bed before we went so the sitter didn't have to deal with it, although he's pretty easy.

I also got to go to lunch with one of my friends today! For 1.5 hours, we got to chat and laugh and tell stories with no interruptions. AAAHHH! So thankful for that time. I honestly miss that and am grateful my babysitter was willing to come twice today.

This weekend, we got our garage cleaned out and filled our trash bin. Sadly, it wasn't the one normally collected. That's because our's disappeared two weeks ago, had to call the police to file an incident report, call city hall to report it and supposedly get a new bin. Evidently, when I left the message with the incident report, I left it on the wrong number because we went two weeks without the right one. After cleaning the garage we desparately needed it emptied! I wrote a nice note telling the men what had happened. They left a nice note telling me that bin was only collected certain times of the year.

Here's a picture for you. In the morning, I get the kids going and after they've started their individual work, I get ready for the day. Well, I hadn't gotten that far yet. I saw they hadn't taken the bin and were just down the street and tried to run after them, but they had gone around the corner. I told the kids where I was going, got in the car and chased around the corner to catch them. I jumped out and explained the situation and they told me they'd call, but there was nothing they could do. I went back home and got back to getting the kids ready for school. Pretty soon, there was a knock on the door and the man I spoke with was there to let me know they had no record of my missing bin and I needed to call again. As I'm standing there in my plaid jammie pants and leopard house coat, I hear them emptying my bin, anyway. I called the lady, gave her my incident report number, and within a few hours, the new bin was by our garage. I was dressed by then, but didn't see anyone. So thankful for merciful people helping us!

No comments: