Tuesday, September 29, 2009

This weekend, we were invited to spend the night at some friends' house in Branson while they were out of town. Of course, with football games, we had to wait until that was done, go home to shower and eat lunch, and then go. However, while we were waiting for lunch, we got a phone call from my mom that she and my dad had been in an accident and had been thrown from the vehicle and had some injuries. My 1st thought was - where were your seatbelts!?!?! It was the motorcycle. Yes, the same bike dad had been riding when he was in his 1st accident in 40 years this June. However, the bike was fine, the tires new, and the day beautiful and they wanted to enjoy the day together. They ended up in a hospital 2 hours away. There was nothing we could do, so we headed to Branson and had 24 hours away from home.
Mom was able to come home late Saturday night, but dad was kept because of a broken clavicle, scapula, and 1 or more ribs.
Mondays are so full already and we had no idea of what was going to happen with them allowing dad to leave, so we continued on with our plans. Thankfully, one of our friends was able to take mom to be with dad. While they were there, they got the ok to come home.
We went over this morning to take groceries and make sure they're ok for the next day or two. Catherine was so relieved to see dad. She'd talked to mom quite a bit, so she knew mom was ok, just wasn't too sure about dad. After a nice lunch, helping to clean a few things up and wash dad's hair, both mom and dad were done in and we took our leave. I'm so thankful we could be with them and that it was as mild as it was. After 10+ years working in ICU's, I know what happens in motorcycle accidents. What if I would have been on the other end of the very serious call and the request for organ donation? Eek! Too much to think about. We're reminded again of the goodness and faithfulness of God to care for us. Now, we're believing it'll be a quick recovery and back to their normal selves in very short order.

1 comment:

Charissa said...

So glad everyone is OK.