Friday, January 30, 2009

Last year on the 30th, I emailed Robin, just because I was curious about this girl and what international adoption means. Buddy came home and we talked about it. He told me he would be willing and obedient to what God asked us to do.
Last night we received news, not what we wanted, but news. At first, I was ready to cry, but then I chose- "none of these things move me." Things are moving, and the people involved now really seem to be ready to help us. I know this will give us more time to get projects done and mom to be in a better position to take time off. I got some left over garage sale things on craig's list and had some good interest on them, which is great. Room in the garage and money in the fund!
So, as I lay in bed last night, I thought of things I'm thankful for.
God- as huge as He is and the multitude of things that encompasses
Buddy- a loyal, faithful, hard working husband
Samuel, Catherine, and Caleb here with me. Filling my days with laughter, learning, stretching, good reminders to control your emotions, and unconditional love.
My parents- supportive and willing to do whatever they can tohelp and encourage us
Food in our fridge and pantry
Warm clothes
A sense of purpose and place
Friends who pray for and with you
A home that is our own (ok, the bank's, too until we pay it off)
A church to feel at home, fed, and challenged
That Hannah has pictures of us and knows mommy and daddy
That we have pictues of her
So many other things I can't even name. God is faithful and I'll never doubt it. Now it's time to finish up my huge tax project, clean out some more closets, plan my February, and get ready for whatever next God brings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I've been following your adoption of Hannah, she's such a cutie! Just wanted to send some encouragement your way. You sound like you have a great attitude about the waiting, as tough as it can be. I remember the pain of watching others go and get their little ones and being left behind as the weeks turned into months and we passed the year mark and then some. We too had a lot of unexpected delays. It WILL happen though! And in God's perfect timing. Of course, you know all that, but the waiting is still rough no matter how you slice it. Hope you get some unexpected GOOD news sometime soon!

God Bless,
Kelly

Hi, I'm Alysha -But you can call me Lysh said...

Hi~been following your blog ever since I found out your little lady was with our Nika at Irmas. Our prayers are with you during this time. Nothing can stand in God's way!! We hope some day our little guy will be able to come home to us and we're praying for your family as you wait for God's perfect timing to bring your Hannah home. Trust me when I say I know it's hard!! Soon! Under His wing, alysha