Thursday, May 28, 2009

Adoption update

What to say and still remain positive? God is faithful! Let God be true and every man a liar. My keyboard died on me and a friend just blessed me with a much better one than I had had! That is why I didn't let anyone know of the meeting that was to be held a few days ago, our case definitely going through committee, check list completed, on to the court for a date, etc., etc. (I have to keep emotions out of this because it's just too much of a ride if I don't.) The day came and went with a change of plans and a delayed meeting. It's one of those -laugh so you don't cry times. You think, ok, this is it! You can do it! It's just 3 cases to discuss and pass on to the court! It's 3 less children to support and have in your system. It's many thousands more in your coffers if you'll just follow through!
I've got my summer planned as well as I can. I'm keeping my faith in God's power at work in our case. I will not give into pity, feeling sorry for myself, even though it would be really easy to do so. Who loves Hannah more than we do? Who has more ability to change things than I do? Who always keeps His word? It is He who will bring Hannah home SOON!

5 comments:

Hi, I'm Alysha -But you can call me Lysh said...

Amen!! Our God is good for sure! Keep your chin held high, He's holding your hand and walking this walk with you guys. I loved the pictures of her with the sun glasses :) She's beautiful and she knows your coming for her..what a blessing indeed! In the pictures I saw the bond that has grown between her and her "brother". I thank the Lord our children will forever be family in His name. Praying for great, wonderful, jump up n' down news for you guys on Friday. Blessings!~ Alysha

And patiently waiting... said...

I will add you guys to my prayer list!! your post brought tears to my eyes! How come the families waiting for the children get it..but the people who have the children don't? We have been waiting 2 years for our son..the officials know about us..but have they pushed his paperwork through? NO! I just keep trying to wait patiently and in our heavenly Father's arms..because our kids are there too! :) By the way.. I LOVE LOVE Samuel's picture!! There is something about it that touches my heart! He needs to paint more! :) Let's keep praying and waiting! :)

Mary said...

I'm so sorry that there's been another delay, but I have faith that Hannah will be home soon, and I know you do too. I will keep praying for her, your family, and the officials in charge of this case. Best wishes!

junglemama said...

I am sorry about the delay. 3??

Delahne said...

3 families are ready to go right now, one is us. Can't imagine getting 3 ourselves all at once!