Wednesday, June 4, 2008

on the road again...

We had such a great time in Branson! Amazing what an extra day can do. We arrived in time for dinner and baths Thursday pm. I had anew book, so I had some quiet time before hitting the hay. Buddy arrived after I was in bed and was off towork Friday am after seeing the kids. we then spent the am with my friend Lisa and her 4 kids, who blessed Caleb with some clothes and a soft doll for Hannah, which was very thoughtful of Elisabeth. I'm really enjoying the large families I know. so fun to see the interaction, organization and discipline that goes into making it work. After lunch and a nap, we headed for the pool where Caleb had his first taste of more than a few inches in the bottom of the tub. S & C had a blast showing me all their grat tricks. Buddy came home in time for a nice dinner andthen we were off to church. Saturday we hit the outlet mall for Buddy, a few hours at Silver Dollar City, then back for the pool and a relaxing evening. We went to church Sunday am, had lunch and hit the road. We had to stop to see our friends James and Cassie and their 2 children. Caleb did well, but was ready for a break from his car seat! We made a list of things to do when we go back, which will certainly take a week or so!!!

Our week has gone well since we've been back. However, the church in Branson is having their marraige meeting this week. We watched online Mon. and Tues., but tonight is men's night (not aired) and tomorrow is ladies' night (also not aired.) You can go here and clicked on the archived services to hear the first ones. It's really refreshing to get a Biblical view of what a marraige should be like. Anyway, I've decided to make a quick road trip to hear ladies' night. My mom is going with me and I've invited some others who can't make it. We'll leave tomorrow afternoon and come back right after the service. I'm looking forward to hearing and putting it into practice. 10 1/2 years later, I know I have a lot to learn. Amanda will watch the kids between me leaving and Buddy coming home. Fortunately for the kids, this counts as babysitter day AND play day time. Thanks so much!

I did take a bunch of pictures and will post them later this week, I'm trying to be productive and catch up from close to 4 days without internet and phone!

No comments: