Monday, June 30, 2008

12 years ago...

...I was sitting on the couch, cross stitching, not feeling very well. My friend Charissa called and invited me to dinner. Her husband John had invited a friend over and she wanted to have a friend over, too. When I got there, there was a guy there she'd mentioned before. How interesting that he was headed to Bolivia for a month on a missions trip. I'd just gone to Bolivia a few years before and had been in Estonia that spring! He was a really nice, quiet, intense guy. What was really exciting was Charissa was selling her car. I had recently decided to sell my truck (yes, I drove a truck and thought I was cool), buy something older and pay off college loans. (which I did) When I got home, I told my parents I'd met a really nice guy and someday I'd like to date a guy with such quality.
The rest is history! Thank you soooo much Charissa!

2 comments:

liesel said...

Was it too obvious we were trying to set you up? :)

Delahne said...

I actually didn't know that was your intention and neither did Buddy!