Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'm really enjoying my knitting, if you couldn't tell. It's such a great way to spend the time! It calms me, helps me feel productive, and gives the person I knit for a hug even when I'm not around. I'm over 1/2 way done with Buddy's scarf and I'm looking forward to my next MANY projects. I'm going to be brave and try this next...

Tuesday Morning is a store that has great deals. This month's flyer came out and yarn was 50-54% off! After we finished school and the kids had jumped outside a bit, we headed over and some really pretty yarns. Not enough for the sweater, but they're going to look good in an afghan we can snuggle under while we read together or watch movies. I'm envisioning many hours together. The great thing about the afghan is that it's squares that can be finished quickly and I can move onto something else, not feeling the pull of the 1/2 done project. I'm going to experiment with different stitches since I don't have a really pattern. There was a book that showed an afghan with really simple instructions. I'll take my liberty and see what I come up with. Since it's squares, I can rip it out and not feel like I'm destroying hours of labor.

We had a little paperwork mix up that should be resolved this week. Someone said the paper was sent, someone said it was held up somewhere, someone said they never got it. Thankfully, it was an email and a call and it was taken care of. Last little things, I believe should be the end. I believe the way is cleared and we can finish this process soon.
Two years can seem long, but the Lord is so faithful, and life so full, we just keep pressing on trusting He'll finish it for us. I guess that's the "don't get weary in well doing" part of life. If all other areas were that easy not to get weary in...

No comments: