Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 1 of Stanford testing done! It was a good one, but I didn't take lunch, since we usually finish early. Sadly, I think I was the hungriest and couldn't wait to run for lunch! S was having too much fun to stop to eat, and C was having fun running back and forth with her friends, but did pause to eat. One more day and we're done for the year.
This past weekend was the homeschool convention and Samuel's campout. We forgot a water bottle and I think that was it, as far as he was concerned. Lesson learned- he needed some better hiking boots, and he should have kept the raincoat out and packed the jacket when it was time to pack up. Needless to say, he was cold, tired, and wet when I picked him up. While he was there, he had a great time, as usual, and got to participate in some fun activities.
I found some good things for next year, which I'm looking forward to already! WE're not done yet with this one, and I'm anticipating what's coming. The best purchase of all" My wheelie cart! For the past 2 years, I've been dragging at least 2 bags, lunches, and my purse up the stairs to my class each week. Silly girl! Now I'll be ready for next year and any adventures between now and then that require a little help on wheels.
Caleb is managing at Grandma's again for a few days. Spur of the moment while we were at church, so no "b" or anything else special. So far, so good.

A few weeks ago, we were driving to church and the conversation went like this-
Caleb: What class is H going to?
me: What class do you want her to go to?
C: Mine
me to H- Do you like to be with C?
H: Yes.
C: She's smart!

Last week while working on geography, the laptop fell from a desk to the floor sadly shattering the screen. Thankfully, I've borrowed a monitor for the side work I've been doing and can hook that up to the laptop. Today I found out I can buy a new one and have a connection to get it replaced! Thank God for help when you need it! New battery, new hard drive, now a new screen. I think I'm set for a while!
Have a great evening!

No comments: