Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's official

I'm now a soccer mom! Samuel is 9 and has never played a sport, although he was in Tae Kwon Do for 4 very long years. I missed out on 2 leagues, but was able to get into the Y league. I called today and the first meeting was tonight. Looks fairly simple- practice Tuesday 6:30-7:30, games every Saturday am at 9. It's for the next 9 weeks, so if it's not a great fit, it won't be torture. If it is, we've gotten a good taste and will be ready for the fall leagues. My biggest hangup is being a taxi service and not having time for relaxing. Homeschooling definitely changes that, so I'm sure it'll be fun for all of us.
The best part- the other 2 can run around and be noisy during practice! No keeping them contained and quiet, which is why we stopped TKD. Samuel's thrilled to be one of the Hornets. I'll keep you posted on his budding sports career!

1 comment:

liesel said...

I'm so excited for him! Are we still going to the zoo tomorrow? I think my kids would have just as much fun having you guys come hang out over here and play with some chicks. :)