Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Yeah! We just looked at Reese's Rainbow to look for a little girl we read about on another blog. It hit me all of a sudden- Hannah's picture wasn't the first thing I saw! We kept scrolling down and finally saw her on the bottom with "I've found my forever home." I think that's what it said. We were so excited to read that and know it was US!!! We haven't even gotten the app in yet, but it's on its way this week. We had delays for this and that. Funny how the days go by and it seems like it's such a long time when it's only been a few days. We just want her home and every day that passes is a day she's not with us.
Buddy's passport is in the works, but he doesn't have a birth certificate. I had a birth certificate, but no passport. Now I have neither because they took the bc to process my passport! It was a little upsetting, but I had to remind myself this was a small bump on a road requiring lots of faith and patience. The good news is that we'll get some of the paper work for the home study this week and begin in earnest next week!
I went in to talk to Catherine's teacher about what's going on and she told me Catherine has been talking about her little sister already. One of her friends is trying to adopt from China, has been since '05 and thinks it's going to be '09 before she gets her baby. (Who would have thought we'd be talking about '09!) It was so encouraging to her to hear about Ava and Hannah. I called one of my friends, Renee, to tell her what the scoop was, and she told me she and her husband had just been talking about adoption and was going to look at Charissa's blog. Buddy and I keep talking about what a cool thing Charissa and Johnny have started. We're hopeful we can inspire others to make a difference in these sweet little lives, too. Thanks, guys!

No comments: